Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
We’re looking for an experienced and high-impact Applied ML Engineer to join our Emerging Markets & Business team to define, develop, and execute the technical approach for Redis-powered solutions for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). In this role you’ll work with cross-functional teams in incubating this new business for Redis by jointly collaborating with product and partner facing teams, and by working closely with early adopter customers.
As an Applied ML Engineer, you’ll be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers (Enterprises, Digital Native Businesses, ISVs) design solutions that leverage Redis for AI and ML use cases. Within Redis, we’re focused on bringing knowledge and capability to customers through two very focused efforts: data infrastructure modernization where Redis is an online feature store, and accelerating AI-powered applications via a new category of vector databases and similarity searches. You’ll work closely with the product team to enable early adopter customers to use Redis for AI/ML use cases and establish strategic integration and partnerships with ML ecosystem providers. This will involve building POCs, pilots, challenges, and evaluations by working hands-on with customers and partners, and integrating Redis across their AI/ML tool chains and frameworks.
The ideal candidate is a good listener with a talent for creative solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically, never losing sight of the business objectives while working with early adopter customers and ecosystem partners. Having technical experience and an understanding of ML Operations (MLOps) lifecycle, related tools and frameworks, and productionalization of models will be important. Familiarity and experience with mathematics and a statistics background is preferred in addition to experience with building and deploying ML models. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the ecosystem of software vendors in the AI/ML space and will leverage this knowledge to help Redis develop integrations with the appropriate ML ecosystem providers.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product and partner teams to create joint solutions and drive adoption of using Redis for AI/ML use cases
- Work with business development team in identifying the early adopter customers, strategic partners, and use cases that will go into the formation of this new business line for Redis
- Collaborate closely with the Redis Solution Architecture (SA) team in developing and executing an effective technical go-to-market strategy and SA related competencies
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), educate and enable internal and external technologists on joint solutions using Redis for AI/ML use cases and applications
- Help define best practices for a robust and efficient machine learning ecosystem including data pipeline development and automation, model versioning, deployment, and monitoring, feature store and continuous model training, etc.
- Support & lead data science initiatives including ML monitoring, ML automation, and feature store design
- Work closely with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, and Developer Advocacy teams including collaboration on blogs, white papers, demonstration assets, workshops, webinars, and more
What will you need to have?
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales engineering (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software or customer-facing consultant
- 3+ years of experience in design/implementation/consulting for Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning solutions including experience with MLOps and related tools
- 3+ years of experience implementing AI/ML solutions on one or more of the cloud platforms including Amazon Web Service (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Microsoft Azure
- 2+ years of experience in technical architecture, design, deployment, and operations for AI platforms, standards, protocols, and devices
- Experience with the modern MLOps Stack including feature store, model registry, CI/CD, and model monitoring
- Degree in computer science or engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to travel up to 15-25% of the time; the location is flexible, working from office or home, per management directives.
Extra great if you have:
- Graduate degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Mining journals/conferences
- Experience with cloud-based AI services like Amazon SageMaker, Azure ML, and/or Google Vertex AI
- Knowledge of SparkML
- Able to write production-level code which is well-written and explainable
- Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, or mllib
- Experience working with GPUs to develop models
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
- Familiarity with using data visualization tools
- Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.