Who we are?
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, this will be a journey where you will enjoy success, learn new skills, and make new friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
We’re looking for an experienced, business-minded strategic Deputy General Counsel to drive strategy, partner with senior leadership to implement strategic initiatives, and support a variety of corporate and commercial legal functions, including the company’s IPO readiness process.
Why would you love this job?:
As Deputy General Counsel, you will be responsible for providing hands-on guidance and legal support on a variety of legal issues arising out of multiple jurisdictions and on risk mitigation strategies, as well as enforcing policies and regulations across the business.
Our ideal candidate will bring superior acumen coupled with common sense and the ability to recommend solutions and strategies across the entire organization, while managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
If you strive for excellence, have a previous track record of success, and hold the expertise necessary to handle a broad range of legal complexities, this is the right challenge for you.
What will you do:
- Participate in and support our IPO readiness processes and initiatives, and handle various SEC related matters and filings.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the commercial sales team and the business on various contracts and strategic relationships, including both inbound and outbound agreements, and act as an escalation point to the sales and legal team.
- Support HR team with employment-related matters and global employment law compliance, including employee policies and company expansion efforts.
- Manage and oversee M&A activities, including integration activities, and handle IP matters, including the protection and enforcement of our intellectual property portfolio.
- Provide guidance and support on global privacy laws and regulations, and provide support to developers and engineers on product development matters, including IP, privacy, and open source software use.
- Develop corporate policies and procedures to create scalable and repeatable processes across a hyper-growth organization.
- Manage and oversee subsidiaries and affiliates, including establishing new subsidiaries and affiliates to sustain global operations and expansion efforts.
What will you need:
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience practicing law with a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in good standing in California.
- Previous experience building out the legal functions at a fast-growing publicly-traded Enterprise SaaS company is a plus.
- Experience with SEC filings, global privacy laws, exchange regulations and requirements , financing arrangements, global expansion efforts, and M&A transactions.
- Collaborative team player with no ego, coupled with an outstanding ability to communicate in plain English and partner efficiently cross-functionally at all levels.
- Looking and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and do the day-to-day tactical work while delivering on strategic matters.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, scheduling work assignments, and control external spend.
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.