Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Why would you love this job?
As the Director of Developer Marketing, you will drive the technical storytelling of Redis. You will work across marketing, product, and sales teams and the partner ecosystem to build solutions and Go-to-Market technical stories that drive successful business outcomes. You will lead a highly talented technical team of developers and technical marketers toward our goal of informing, inspiring, and delighting – developers, enterprise architects, and DevOps practitioners. We are looking for a player coach that can empower our technical marketers and stakeholders towards the same goal and act as a technical lead, creating content, providing SME advice, and leading by example.
What you’ll do:
- Own strategy, goals, and results and lead the technical marketing team execution and the Redis technical story
- Engage with customers and provide deal support (e.g., executive briefings, customer and prospect presentations)
- Provide event support – own content, demos, and present during key Redis and industry events, both global and regional
- Be a visible thought leader externally and internally through speaking, blogs, and other technical channels
- Understand the Voice of the Developer, including developer needs, expectations, and product understanding when it comes to the identity landscape for application development
- Work with Product Management (PM), Product Marketing, and our Solutions Engineers (SEs) to define our core technical use cases and create reference architectures
- Create high-quality technical content such as demos, sample apps, code snippets, case studies, white papers, blog posts, and other assets
- Continuously identify and take advantage of opportunities for team learning, continuous improvement, innovation, and collaboration
What will you need to have?
- Be a technical subject matter expert for an area in application development – that could be Mobile, Front End, Back end, or APIs – or non-functional requirements such as scalability and privacy
- 10+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering on enterprise IaaS or SaaS businesses or developer platforms
- 2+ years experience leading technical teams
- Proven track record of leading highly technical teams, translating technical solutions into compelling business outcomes
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations
- You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers and stakeholders within enterprises
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training, and tools
- Practical experience in the database/data management domains is an advantage
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.