Who we are?
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, this will be a journey where you will enjoy success, learn new skills, and make new friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As Director, Security Operations, you will make significant contributions to scale this fast-moving start-up’s capacity to prevent, detect, and withstand intrusions from sophisticated adversaries, with your top priority being the defense of the company’s software pipelines and public cloud environments. This role reports to the CISO.
What you’ll do:
- Expand, deliver, and continuously improve 24/7 security incident detection and response capabilities.
- Lead significant Security Operations program-build activities to ensure that near complete monitoring aperture is in place and scaling across a growing multi-cloud enterprise.
- Build a world class team with expertise in cloud incident response and SOC engineering.
- Establish a dynamic, agile-based SecOps engineering cadence and culture.
- Ensure rapid development, deployment, and tuning of defensive controls based on real world threats.
- Prepare the company to rapidly detect and successfully mitigate potential security incidents. Develop incident response playbooks, train line of business partners in effective incident handling procedures, and lead regular tabletops and penetration tests.
- Develop proactive threat hunting practices and conduct regular intrusion hunts.
- Serve as the corporate subject matter expert on topics such as defensive cyber operations and incident handling best practices.
What will you need to have?
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of contemporary incident handling practices
- Demonstrable skills and abilities in, “hands-on keyboard,” digital forensics and incident response (DFIR), and common offensive security techniques
- An exemplary track record of effective team leadership, critical thinking, and communications under pressure
- As situations require, lead incident triage and response activities outside of normal business hours.
- Moderate ad hoc travel as required as COVID restrictions are eased.
- At least one relevant certification: OSCP, GCFA, CISSP, or similar
Extra great if you have:
- 10+ years of experience
- Public sector experience in offensive cyber operations/computer network exploitation
- Public or private sector experience in red team/penetration testing/threat hunting/SOC management with multi-cloud emphasis
- Prior experience with program change management, SOC commissioning, or similar
- Fluency in MITRE ATT&CK framework and application to continuous improvement
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.