Who we are?
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, this will be a journey where you will enjoy success, learn new skills, and make new friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Redis is looking to hire an exceptional Global Marketing Events Director to build and drive our Corporate, Partner, and Industry trade show event strategy.
Why would you love this job?
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of all event logistics, vendor relations, and project management related to our physical and hybrid events and to ensure the best ROI from our event investments.
You should have a successful track record in similar senior event management roles and be highly experienced in working with global marketing, sales and partner teams to help design, implement and measure the effectiveness of our global event strategy and driving pipeline creation and opportunity acceleration across our sales teams.
If you’re creative, goal-driven, self-motivated, and love working in a fast-paced environment, we want to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement our global event strategy to help increase pipeline, ROI and customer engagement from our marquee events including Redis Conf and AWS re:Invent as well as our regional and local events.
- Define the goals and success metrics for each event to maximise the yield and continuously improve and refine the event strategy based on measurable results.
- Monitor and own the progress of the planning and execution of each task that has to do with the event
- Have a good network of vendors to call upon to help deliver highly customisable event experiences and stand out amongst other competitors
- Review and approve contracts (along with legal) and stay within budget.
- Work with Product and Demand marketing to build out appropriate messaging and corporate story for each event to align to our overarching campaign strategy.
- Provide internal recruitment and training/coaching for the organizing committee for the purpose of the event
- Development of planning standards, policies and procedures.
- Supervision of the production process of an event
- Make sure that staff and work personnel at the event adhere to the management policies that were put in place to minimize poor customer experience
- Closely work with Finance to ensure that all associated event costs are billed and recognised in the correct quarters and aligned to our own legal terms and conditions.
What will you need to have?
- You are metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing/event data.
- You are creative, innovative, and always think outside the box
- Confident with a dynamic personality with a presence to build trust and report with executive team
- Great interpersonal abilities to work and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Must have good organizational, analytical, and coordinating abilities
- Excellent communication skills across written, oral and presentations
- Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of many challenges
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in event management/planning of which at least 3 have been at Director level of above.
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related discipline
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.