Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As a Senior Performance Engineer , you’ll be a part of the CTO group. This position offers a huge amount of influence and ownership over the performance of the OSS and Redis Ltd codebase. You will have the independence to identify, raise awareness, and address all matters that impact Redis’s performance.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You enjoy the process of fine-tuning performance, critic view and squeezing the most out of every product. Similarly, you understand that good/bad communications (in terms of performance) are always backed by unbiased numbers. You understand the importance of deterministic data-driven decisions.
If you are passionate about technology and have a desire to optimize an industry-leading solution, then this is the right challenge for you.
What will you do:
- Work on the next-generation technologies, products, and solutions of Redis that touch the performance/observability pillars. We use python for developing our performance platform, and use Go, C, Java and Rust for the benchmark tools and products. High proficiency in python is a must. If you miss some of the other languages we will foster your knowledge internally.
- Drive end-to-end performance of our product as an individual contributor., and support the contributions of other members to the OSS projects with performance numbers, performance how-tos, or the means to properly assess the performance impact of the change they’re proposing.
- Maintain and foster the OSS contribution on all benchmark/monitoring related tools like memtier_benchmark, redis-benchmark, tsbs, ycsb, aibench, go-ycsb, ftsb, OpenMessaging Benchmark Framework, and others.
- Foster performance and observability STANDARDS around Redis related technologies, like the cross-companies redis-benchmarks-specification.
- Develop/Maintain performance monitoring infrastructure tools like redisbench-admin, and it’s integration with perf, pprof, vtune, and ebpf tooling, and others.
- Conduct benchmarks and publish benchmark papers.
What will you need?
- Experience in developing, planning and executing functional performance and load testing at various interface levels
- Experience in benchmarking and tuning mission-critical storage systems and distributed systems
- Experience in planning, replicating, and pursuing a performance regression/improvement investigation, quantifying the performance gains using statistical data and visualizations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within and across teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience in developing and using Redis or other NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchBase and Cassandra
- Experience in developing big data platforms, such as Spark and Hadoop
- Contributions to the open source Redis and other open source projects
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Health insurance, paid paternity leave, and pension plan
- Flexible working options
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.