Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
Are you passionate about payroll tax and love ensuring employee/employer taxes are accurate and reported on time? Do you enjoy collaborating with other teams to solve problems that relate to payroll tax? Do you want to work for a highly respected technology company focused on innovation to solve customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies? Strong preference to be located in the Bay Area.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for processing semi-monthly payrolls and all aspects of payroll processing for our Americas region (US and Canada).
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage payroll processing, including verifying new hires, terminations, paid/unpaid leaves, onetime payments, garnishments, and employee data changes.
- Ensure accurate reporting and compliance with federal and state laws.
- Manage registration applications for state and local income tax and/or unemployment tax IDs.
- Partner with GL team and assist with all assigned payroll general ledger accounts (i.e., cash accounts, tax liability, benefits liability, etc.) and resolve variances in a timely manner.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and reconciliation of all payroll-related accounts.
- Assist in tracking, reporting, and auditing of the company's benefits: 401(k), FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts), and HSA (Health Saving Accounts).
- Lead year-end to ensure a smooth year-end to provide accurate W2s
- Process equity transactions.
What will you need to have?
- Minimum 3+ years with ADP Workforce Now and other comparable payroll software
- Minimum 5+ years experience in processing US and Canadian payrolls
- Minimum 3+ years with Microsoft office, concentration on Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality with a strong sense of professional integrity
- Highly analytical with exceptional organization and prioritization skills, and proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Strong commitment to customer service and ability to communicate concisely, both written and verbally
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work closely with various teams throughout the company
Extra great if you have:
- Previous experience working at a public company
- NetSuite accounting software knowledge
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities to improve processes to achieve scalability
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
Redis has been named one of the 50best high-tech companies to work for in 2021 by DUNS 100!
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.