Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As a Principal Product Manager, you will play an integral role driving the lifecycle of Redis’ search and document database capabilities, part of the world's number one real-time database platform.
The successful candidate will balance initiative and self-motivation with an ability to work with geographically and culturally diverse teams. You are detail-oriented, curious, and inquisitive about what makes a product tick, and disciplined to record what you learn and build. You enjoy listening to partners and customers and can successfully navigate business-oriented and engineering organizations to achieve your goals.
If you are passionate about helping software developers and enterprises alike adopt state-of-the-art technology to power modern applications, this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and ecosystem of search engines and document databases, interacting with customers, partners, and the customer-facing organization
- Define and document detailed product requirements in collaboration with architects, engineers, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a backlog of features, manage priorities, and ensure execution to specifications—and on time in light of Redis strategy
- Work with product marketing on go-to-market plans and with the education team to document product capabilities and train internal and external customers
- Be outcome- and KPI-driven to achieve growth of your products and take the right actions accordingly
What will you need to have?
- 8+ years experience in software product management or equivalent experience in an enterprise organization
- Domain knowledge of search engines (e.g. Solr, Lucene, Elastic) or document databases (e.g. MongoDB or DynamoDB)
- A balanced combination of technical experience and business knowledge
- Capable of articulating, verbally and in writing, abstract concepts as well as detailed technical information
- Comfortable with code and have experience writing code
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Extra great if you have:
- Already contributing in relevant OSS or academic communities
- Previous experience working on developer experience components
- Experience writing and delivering talks or training about your area of expertise
- Experience with other NoSQL databases (extra points for Redis experience)
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.