Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Why this job would be a great fit for you
You are passionate about Security and you constantly think about how adversaries may compromise systems and how to defend them. You are an experienced leader in this space and love building programs from the ground up. You have a knack for investigating security events, performing threat research, coordinating incident response activities, and building the technical capabilities necessary to operate a world class incident response program. You are adept at forming relationships with all sorts of people throughout a business such as developers, engineers, senior and executive leadership, legal & compliance functions, and believe that good defense is a team sport. Continuous improvement of the program is your happy place. When you're not responding to the baddies, you are developing new threat detection capabilities, maturing our processes and educating the subject matter experts you will need to work with when things get serious.
What you’ll do:
- Build, drive, and lead a program for a distributed Incident Response capability for Redis
- Lead our threat detection program by establishing threat models, analyzing gaps and developing detective capabilities that catch modern adversaries
- Coordinate and drive resolution on a diverse range of incidents and investigations. Analyze root causes, trends and systematic issues and define remediation actions and plans
- Develop and enhance incident response playbooks and plans for a distributed and federated security model
- Research and identify new attacks against Redis software stack or the technology we leverage. Collaborate with the security research community to stay current on emerging threats relevant to Redis.
- Fostering a culture of mutual respect and collaborative decision-making
- Be hands on in building out our logging & detection capabilities or throughout investigations.
What will you need to have?
- Strong experience in security operations related work; preferably in a leading incident response role for a software/SaaS organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication that will go to wide audiences including executive leadership as well as engineering leaders
- Advanced experience working with a variety of SIEM or logging solutions
- Experience leading projects from start to finish and mentoring other security practitioners and non security engineers and developers
- Ability to script or code solutions to enable automations, deploy detections, or quickly analyze log events
- Strong familiarity with AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud environments
Extra great if you have:
- Actively participated in red teaming or purple teaming exercises.
- Experience developing security tools
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects.
- Some vendor management experience for security vendors such as MDR, Endpoint Protection, Etc.
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Team celebrations and recreation events
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
“The estimated gross base annual salary range for this role is $142,609 – $284,530 per year in New York, California, Washington, Colorado, and Rhode Island. Actual compensation may vary and is dependent on various factors, including a candidate’s work location, qualifications, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of Redis’ total compensation and competitive benefits package, which may include 401(k), unlimited time off, learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. This role may include discretionary bonuses, stock options, commuter benefits based on location, or a commission plan. Salary history is not used in compensation package decisions. Redis utilizes market pay data to determine compensation, so posted compensation ranges are subject to change as new market data becomes available.”