Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As a Consulting Engineer, you will consult for and collaborate with customers to create customized, Redis-powered solutions for their specific business and data service needs, helping them increase business value and overcome challenges. You will design, develop, and deliver data service solutions for our customers across their development, QA, and production environments using one of the best technologies in the market.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and is a good listener with a talent for developing impactful solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically, never losing sight of the customer’s business objectives. If you are a technology expert, with a desire to provide our new and existing customers with the best service experience, this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop technical expertise with Redis, Redis Enterprise, and Redis Modules and serve as a subject matter expert with our customers.
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis Enterprise using our suite of products, solutions, and services.
- Provide hands-on technical implementation services, including end-to-end testing of completed solutions within customer environments.
- Assist customers with their Redis development projects using programming languages such as Java, MS.NET C#, Python, and Go.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs, and C-level experts) to ensure the success of production solution deployments within their environments.
- Collaborate with the Sales organization to develop effective account strategies and identify new business opportunities within an existing account.
- Deliver remote and onsite product training to our customers in a highly professional and educational manner that will engage them in the projects you will consult on.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product and technical materials, while providing feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
What will you need to have?
- 3+ years of experience in post-sales consulting (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Hands-on experience with client library and server-side code development, RESTful APIs, and Linux
- B.S. in computer science / B.A. or equivalent work experience
- A team player with strong technical, communication, and time-management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to travel up to 40% of the time when conditions permit; the location is flexible, working from office or home, per sales team structure and management directives
Extra great if you have:
- Prior experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Docker and Kubernetes experience are a plus
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.