Who we are?
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, this will be a journey where you will enjoy success, learn new skills, and make new friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
We’re looking for a Deal Desk Analyst to join our growing Sales Operations team. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the global sales organization that will drive efficiencies, profitability and stronger controls. In this role, you’ll drive three key objectives: increase contractual efficiency and effectiveness, improve business processes, and promote deal consistency while enforcing minimum contracting standards.
You will partner with a variety of internal stakeholders, with a primary focus on supporting our account executives with their more complex selling motions and deal structures. You’ll provide guidance to and work with cross-functional teams to build scalable processes that drive fast and effective deal execution, while complying with company policies and procedures.
Successful candidates have a passion for navigating non-standard and complex deal structures that require advanced pricing computations and have experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal, Product, and other G&A teams to support sales motions. This role will report to our Sr. Sales Operations Manager and has the opportunity to work in any of our US offices (Mountain View, CA; Austin, TX).
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert on quote creation and questions, invoicing/PO requirements on direct or partner deal structures, special pricing, approval policies, commercial terms, and troubleshooting of deal issues and related escalations
- Exercise your in-depth understanding of subscription models and service/product offerings for recommended contract structures
- Assist with non-standard deal requests and structuring complex deals (e.g. ramps, multi-year, SOWs, migrations and hybrid deployments)
- Facilitate the completion of vendor setup forms, questionnaires, and/or any other documentation needed to close a deal
- Safeguarding and managing data quality in SFDC for all proposed and closed quotes/deals and ensuring that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guideline through thorough deal reviews
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance and Legal to review or address revenue recognition or commercial contracting concerns for non-standard deal structures
- Ensure adherence to our quote-to-contract processes and policies while effectively escalating new use-cases outside of the current approval matrix and providing appropriate proposed solutions to facilitate
- Collaborative participation in identifying and suggesting possible resolution in system gaps and processes to better streamline efficient workflow
- Assist in delivering ongoing education and training to ensure Sales understanding of and compliance with all deal processes
- Establish metrics and drive the development of reporting that support our deal desk efforts and provide visibility into our contractual pipeline and related workstreams
What will you need to have?
- 4+ years of experience in a Deal Desk function supporting a globally distributed sales organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal management across sales, finance, and legal
- Strong business acumen and proven ability in commercial negotiations
- Great partnership & teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at times of high volume; schedule flexibility during month-end, quarter-end, and periods of high demand
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding of the quote-to-cash process (CPQ, Bookings Model, Subscription Management, Billing Operations, Revenue Recognition)
- Direct experience using Salesforce and Zuora or comparable CPQ (configure, price, quote) tools is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization
- Engaging, team-first attitude. Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business.
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI platform
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience working in the cloud SaaS database sector
- MBA or similar advanced degree with a focus on analysis
- Experience in software revenue recognition accounting a plus
#LI-Remote #LI-EF1 #BI-Remote
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.