Who we are?
A global company with a diverse and talented team. We dream, create, and succeed as one. Collaboration, open feedback, innovation, and growth aren’t just words here; they’re our DNA. We’re doers who value action over words and are committed to excellence, mutual support, and continuous learning. Redis offers more than a job; your voice matters here – join us and redefine what’s possible.
It’s an opportunity to thrive with cutting-edge real-time technology, a robust go-to-market strategy, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are the driving force behind Open-Source Redis, the world’s most loved in-memory database, and Redis Enterprise serving over 10,000 customers worldwide, to reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate.
Why would you love this job?
As a Consulting Engineer, you will consult for and collaborate with customers to create customized
Redis-powered solutions for their specific business and data service needs – helping them increase
business value and overcome challenges. You will design, develop and deliver data service solutions for
our customers across their development, QA and production environments using one of the best
technologies in the market.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and is a good listener with a talent for developing
impactful solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically,
never losing sight of the customer’s business objectives. If you are a technology expert, with a desire to
provide our new and existing customers with the best service experience, this is the right challenge for
What you’ll do:
- Assist customers with their Redis development projects using programming languages such as
Java, MS.NET C#, Python and Go.
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis Enterprise using
our suite of products, solutions and services.
- Develop technical expertise with Redis, Redis Enterprise and Redis Modules and serve as a
subject matter expert with our customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for our Cloud offering
- Provide hands-on technical implementation services, including end-to-end testing of completed
solutions within customer environments.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C-level
experts) to ensure the success of production solution deployments within their environments.
- Collaborate with the Sales organization to develop effective account strategies and identify new
business opportunities within an existing account.
- Deliver remote and onsite product training to our customers in a highly professional and
educational manner that will engage them in the projects you will consult on.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product and technical materials, while providing
feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
What will you need to have?
- 5+ years of experience in post-sales consulting (ideally database engineering) for enterprise
- Hands-on experience with client library and server-side code development, RESTful APIs and
- In-depth hands-on experience with one of AWS, Azure, GCP cloud platforms
- BS in Computer Science / B.A. or equivalent work experience.
- A team player with strong technical, communication and time management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Available to travel up to 20% of the time when conditions permit; the location is flexible,
working from office or home, per sales team structure and management directives.
- Ability to work on Central Time or Eastern Time hours
We give back to our employees:
- Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond,
we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Home internet & phone stipend
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
The estimated gross base annual salary range for this role is $120,000 – $217,787 per year in New York, California, Washington, Colorado, and Rhode Island. Actual compensation may vary and is dependent on various factors, including a candidate’s work location, qualifications, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of Redis’ total compensation and competitive benefits package, which may include 401(k), unlimited time off, learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. This role may include discretionary bonuses, stock options, commuter benefits based on location, or a commission plan. Salary history is not used in compensation package decisions. Redis utilizes market pay data to determine compensation, so posted compensation ranges are subject to change as new market data becomes available.