Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job
As our Sr. Corporate Counsel, Product & Export Compliance you will advise on the product development lifecycle, and specifically provide guidance on legal issues related to new and existing products and features, such as incorporating privacy by design into our product builds and counseling on CCPA, GDPR and other privacy regulations that impact our products. In this role you will also drive the technical development, implementation, and operational aspects of Redis’s Data Privacy program and global trade and export compliance program. Additionally, you will provide guidance on these topics to members of Redis’s leadership, legal, and compliance teams, and to our cross- functional partners (such as the product team, DevOps team, customer success, support, and security teams), addressing significant changes and providing timely risk assessments. You will enjoy a broad and diverse range of responsibilities, all while balancing legal risk with business needs and scaling for the future state of regulatory compliance at Redis.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates must have a JD from an ABA accredited Law School
- Candidates must be admitted to the bar in the state where they are located
- 5-7+ years in-house experience advising on export compliance, product development and global regulatory compliance
- Background in either the software, technology, and/or communications industry
- Experience presenting complex legal or technical solutions in a clear and convincing way
- Hands on experience with export and trade compliance programs, including:
- Facilitating, processing, tracking, and managing export licenses, commodity jurisdiction requests, Technical Assistance Agreements, technology transfers, services, and deemed exports through DDTC and BIS
- Reviewing and authorizing trade transactions such as, export shipment documentation, orders for export release, foreign person visit requests, employee international travel and accompanying technical data and/or new hire on-boarding
- Handling Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC) enforcement actions, global government inquiries and engaging with regulators
- Comprehensive knowledge of AES/HS/HTS/ECCN classification and controls, country of origin and customs valuation determination
- Prepare and execute annual ECCN, origin and regulatory trade classifications under EAR, ITAR, FMF or other global government specifications
- Experience working in-house on regulatory and internal corporate investigations, including strategically addressing, minimizing, and avoiding regulatory risk related to sanctioned countries and restricted parties
- In-depth knowledge of US, Israel, China, and EU export compliance regulations
- Hands on experience counseling on product development
- Experience balancing privacy and commercial and product counseling laws and regulations
- Provide regulatory advice on structuring products/services, advising on privacy matters, negotiating contracts, and spot and resolve matters relating to privacy and security, marketing, competition, contractual updates, and intellectual property rights
- Hands-on knowledge of and expertise working with global industry standards and security frameworks, product security, information security and data protection laws and regulations (e.g., SDL, CA IoT, ISO, NIST-CSF, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GDPR)
- Knowledge of cloud-based products, open-source products, enterprise SaaS environments, databases, and infrastructure software technology
- This position requires a unique set of skills including project management, forensic and financial data analysis, new regulation research and interpretation, including the ability to operate at all levels of the company’s organization structure
Please note: We understand it can be tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap! You do not have to match all the listed criteria exactly to be considered for this role (unless noted). If you believe you would be a good fit, please do not hesitate to apply! We would love to discuss and see if you could be the next member of our team!
Extra great if you have:
- Experience drafting responses to government regulators
- Experience working with operating systems or hosts such as Linux, Docker, Ubuntu, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining contacts with appropriate government licensing authorities
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.