Who we are?
A global company with a diverse and talented team. We dream, create, and succeed as one. Collaboration, open feedback, innovation, and growth aren’t just words here; they’re our DNA. We’re doers who value action over words and are committed to excellence, mutual support, and continuous learning. Redis offers more than a job; your voice matters here – join us and redefine what’s possible.
It’s an opportunity to thrive with cutting-edge real-time technology, a robust go-to-market strategy, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are the driving force behind Open-Source Redis, the world’s most loved in-memory database, and Redis Enterprise serving over 10,000 customers worldwide, to reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate.
Redis is growing and looking for a Senior Devops Developer to join our R&D department.
Why would you love this job?
As a Senior DevOps Developer you will be part of our cloud group, creating and supporting the entire development and deployment process of the fastest NoSQL database on earth, running many hundreds of clusters on top of all major public and private cloud infrastructures.
You will be responsible for development of essential customer-facing features of a SaaS platform.
Our ideal candidate is a strong, independent person that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You feel comfortable working remotely, across multiple time zones. You like to utilize open-source tools and leverage automation to improve your speed and reach.
If you are passionate about software and the means to deliver it with cutting edge technologies and the best tools, then this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop mission-critical infrastructure-related services in the Cloud Redis management platform.
- Improve and modernize existing code and tools to drive them to excellence, testability and CI/CD.
- Lead and embrace Cloud Native Microservice architecture. Migrate apps to run on Kubernetes with best practices and with GitOps approach.
- Develop internal user-facing features and improve self-service experience.
- Work closely with R&D and operations teams located around the world to design, build and maintain the tools they need in order to be as effective as possible.
- Research new technologies and methodologies and integrate them into our stack.
- Lead new features inside and outside the team, from initial idea to production.
- Debug, maintain and improve the Redis cluster infrastructure and related services, enhancing our ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
What will you need to have?
- 5+ years of coding experience in Linux based operating systems (Python/Typescript/Golang/etc).
5+ years experience working with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
3+ years experience with infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi, Crossplane).
3+ years of experience with Kubernetes, micro services and ecosystem (Helm, Kustomize, GKE, EKS…).
3+ years experience using CI/CD tools and related infra (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, ArgoCD).
3+ years experience working with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef.
Self-direction, ambition and an eagerness to learn new things.
Extra great if you have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent – Advantage.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Prometheus, SumoLogic, Zabbix, ELK or other).
- Experience with self-service tools like Rundeck, Retool, Airflow etc.
- Experience with Agile methodology.