Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting to join our Accounting team in Austin, TX. As a Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting, you will work cross-functionally to deliver business insights that involve providing timely and accurate financial reporting, while identifying and driving process improvements as we scale.
We’re seeking a driven team player, creative problem solver, and detail-oriented candidate who is passionate about scaling and driving process improvements. This role requires excellent analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to work with various cross-functional teams.
Are you looking for a company where you can make a difference? Do you thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments? Are you seeking a challenge and ready to help take our revenue to the next level? If the answer is yes then we want to talk to you!
What you'll do:
- Own and manage all operational and accounting aspects of order-to-cash and revenue cycle. This includes monthly and quarterly closes and reporting.
- Review pre and post signature revenue contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606.
- Participate in contract drafting sessions with Deal Desk, Legal and Sales to identify potential revenue recognition issues and guide those parties to the most optimal solution.
- Research GAAP reporting requirements and provide technical accounting research for non-routine or complex revenue transactions in a timely and effective manner.
- Work closely with business stakeholders across functional teams to ensure that systems are set-up for proper and accurate revenue accounting and reporting.
- Own and manage internal reporting packages and communicating the results to upper management.
- Identify risks in the order-to-cash process and formalize internal controls, documentation, and monitoring compliance.
- Own and manage external financial reporting requirements related to revenue. This includes the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting disclosures as well as coordinating with external auditors.
What will you need to have?
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Audit (big 4 audit firm experience would be a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in a revenue related role(s) in the software/SaaS sector
- Experience scaling and building processes at high-growth companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite (ARM a plus) and Salesforce
- CPA preferred (or equivalent)
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.