Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Azure Cluster Orchestration team.
As a member of the core unit, you’ll be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting more than 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
You’ll work on Azure’s first-party service Azure Cache for Redis, contribute code, design features, and work closely with the equivalent Microsoft team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You’re passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance, and distributed computing. You’re a team player and a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve.
So, if you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful unicorn company, then this is the right challenge for you.
What you will do:
- Develop and design Azure’s first-party service Azure Cache for Redis. Add new features to the Redis Enterprise Cluster.
- Improve and maintain the Azure Cache for Redis cloud orchestration product infrastructure, enhancing the product’s ability to reliably handle thousands of clusters and databases while keeping customers’ critical data safe.
- Design and create resilient and robust cloud orchestration systems and become a top-tier cloud expert.
- Own and lead Azure Cache for Redis and Redis Cluster features end to end, from design through development to deployment.
- Tackle complex distributed computing challenges.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with team members, Microsoft’s Azure Cache for Redis team, Product, DevOps, Support, Customer Success, and other R&D teams.
What you will need to have:
- 7 or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production-grade system
- Excellent coding skills in C#, Python, or similar languages
- Good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns
- Working experience with one of the main cloud platforms (preferably with Microsoft Azure)
- A B.S. in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things
- Passionate about technology (always learning about new tech)
Extra great if you have:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Experience with APIs design
- Vast Linux experience
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our U.S. team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.