Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join the Redis R&D team. As a member of Redis R&D, you will be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting more than 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
We have a number of opportunities available depending upon your area of interest and expertise. If you have a background in C, designing Operating Systems, Databases or Hypervisors, then we have a place for you in our Core database group.
If you have a background in web application development either Front End, Back End or Full stack, ideally deployed via Docker/kubernetes then we have a place for you in our Cloud group.
Our ideal candidates are curious, self-motivated, empathetic, self-reflective, continuous learners. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance, and distributed computing.
What you’ll do?
- Design and implement features using the latest technologies for a modern Database as a Service Platform.
- Act as a role model and mentor junior engineers.
- Own Redis features end-to-end, from requirements through design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers, operations and customer support to deliver a great user experience for our customers.
What will you need to have?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Systems software (C/C++)
- Object-oriented design patterns
- Automated Testing
- Web application development (Front-End, Back-End, or Full-stack)
Extra great if you have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Good understanding of cloud concepts and API design
- Experience with CI/CD Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Chef
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.