Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As a Solutions Architect / Sales Engineer, our mission is to drive revenue for Redis by owning all the technical aspects of a sales cycle with a customer or prospect. You will work hand-in-hand with our Sales teams to educate prospects and customers on the value of Redis powered solutions for their specific business and technical needs. You will drive discovery, presentations, demos, and evaluations by working hands-on with our customers using one of the best technologies in the market.
The ideal candidate is a great listener with a talent for creative solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically, can articulate a compelling vision while never losing sight of the customer’s business objectives.
If you are a technology expert, with a desire to provide potential customers with the best customer experience, this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis databases using Redis products, solutions, and services.
- Understand, quantify and verify the business needs of customers and their specific use cases.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C-level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to develop effective account strategies and identify new account opportunities, as well as a new business with existing accounts.
- Present the company, its capabilities, and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that will engage customers and help them see the business impact and competitive advantages of the Redis offering.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product materials, technical best practice and technical materials, while providing feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
What will you need to have?
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales engineering (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Hands-on experience with server-side software development and Linux
- Hands-on experience with database programming (NoSQL preferred)
- Hands-on experience with at least 1 programming language
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science / B.A. or equivalent work experience
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time; the location is flexible, working from office or home, per sales team structure and management directives.
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.