Who we are?
A global company with a diverse and talented team. We dream, create, and succeed as one. Collaboration, open feedback, innovation, and growth aren’t just words here; they’re our DNA. We’re doers who value action over words and are committed to excellence, mutual support, and continuous learning. Redis offers more than a job; your voice matters here – join us and redefine what’s possible.
It’s an opportunity to thrive with cutting-edge real-time technology, a robust go-to-market strategy, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are the driving force behind Open-Source Redis, the world’s most loved in-memory database, and Redis Enterprise serving over 10,000 customers worldwide, to reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Redis Cluster team.
Why would you love this job?
As a member of the Core Platforms group, you will be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting more than 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance, and distributed computing. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve. You are able and willing to share your knowledge and guide other team members.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the next generation of Redis Cluster products and solutions.
- Own and lead Redis Cluster features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Cluster infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Participate in various open source projects that Redis maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with team members, Product, DevOps, Support, Customer Success, and other R&D teams.
What will you need to have?
- 4 or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production-grade system (preferably in PythonGo)
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns
- Experience with cloud computing and operating systems (specifically Linux)
- A B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering/equivalent experience
- Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things. Passionate about technology (always learning about new tech)
Extra great if you have:
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems—a BIG advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with at least one of the big cloud platforms
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our Israel team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible working options
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Gym membership and weekly pilates classes for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO