Who we are?
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, this will be a journey where you will enjoy success, learn new skills, and make new friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As a member of the core platform group, you will design and implement new features while maintaining maximum performance, investigate complex real-world issues, and develop the datapath components that support over 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced C/C++ programmer that has worked with multithreaded code in a Linux environment and can approach complex problems creatively and with an open mind. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve, and love to work and collaborate with bright coworkers.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the next generation of Redis Proxy and database synchronization solutions.
- Own Redis Datapath features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Datapath infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with team members, product, DevOps, support, customer success, and other R&D teams.
What will you need to have?
- 3-5 years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production-grade system
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ code architecture over Linux OS
- A B.Sc. in computer science or software engineering/equivalent experience
- Passion for technology (always learning about new tech).
- Self-directed, ambitious.
Extra great if you have:
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Deep understanding of networking
- Experience with Python
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our Israel team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible working options
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Gym membership and weekly pilates classes for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.