Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Redis’ Datapath team.
As a member of the core platform group, you will design and implement new features while maintaining maximum performance, investigate complex real-world issues, and develop the datapath components that support over 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced C/C++ programmer that has worked with multithreaded code in a Linux environment and is able to approach complex problems creatively and with an open mind. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve, and love to work and collaborate with bright coworkers.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
What will you do:
- Develop the next generation of Redis’ Proxy.
- Own Redis Datapath features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Datapath infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with team members, product, DevOps, support, customer success, and other R&D teams.
What will you need to have?
- 5+ years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production-grade system
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ code architecture over Linux OS
- A B.Sc. in computer science or software engineering/equivalent experience
- Passion for technology (always learning about new tech).
- Self-directed, ambitious.
Extra great if you have:
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Deep understanding of networking
- Experience with Python
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our Israel team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible working options
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet & phone stipend
- Gym membership for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO