Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Redis is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Redis OSS Redis team as part of the Core Platforms group.
As a member of the OSS Redis team, you will be responsible for the software of one of the fastest and most popular NoSQL databases on earth.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around performance, OSS, and finding a simple and elegant solution to a problem. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve, and consistently trying to understand how things work and not only how to use them.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful unicorn, then this is the right challenge for you.
What will you do:
- Develop the next generation of the Redis database on both open source and proprietary forks as part of Redis’ Cluster products and solutions.
- Own and lead Redis features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis infrastructure, enhancing its features and its performance.
- Work closely with team members, Product, DevOps, Support, Customer Success, and other R&D teams.
What will you need:
- 7 or more years of development experience working on a production grade system and/or high performance product.
- Three or more years of hands-on C development experience, preferably on Linux.
- Experience working on networking applications, mainly implementing server apps.
- Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things. Passionate about technology and always learning about new tech.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis).
- Experience developing for popular OSS projects.
- Experience developing async IO networking applications.
- Experience working on distributed applications.
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our Israel team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible working options
- Team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Gym membership and weekly pilates classes for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
Redis is dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We strive to create a workplace where every voice is heard, and every idea is respected.