Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
As the Team Leader for the Technical Support team, you will be responsible for providing strong leadership for the team, as well as advising, advocating for, and helping customers by resolving complex technical issues in a high-contribution role with exciting technical challenges, on-going learning, and the reward of helping thousands of global name-brand customers by leading and growing a fun, tight-knit, highly technical team.
As a successful candidate, you will use your strong management, leadership, and cross-functional relationship-building expertise to maintain nearly perfect customer satisfaction levels, including deftly handling escalations. You will exercise and increase your technical competencies by addressing complex problems, becoming an expert on Redis Enterprise Software being used as a super high-performance database, on-premise, in the cloud, including in the top container orchestration platforms. Your compelling interpersonal skills help you build and maintain close relationships with customers, your colleagues (World-wide Technical Support Team Leads and Engineers), CloudOps teams, R&D and Product teams, and Technical Sales teams.
Join the best of the best who like to apply what they know and continuously learn new things. We are looking for an energizing role model and leader, who is also hands-on, fast-learning, and enjoys every minute of the new challenges each day brings! You like to lead by example, as well as coach and develop each member of the team. You remain calm under pressure, solve problems in real-time, follow a honed diagnostic process, and have out-of-the-box thinking.
If this sounds like you, please check out the experiences that we’d like you to bring in.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and lead a team of Technical Support Engineers, managing day-to-day tasks, including creating and enhancing operational procedures and tools
- Promote a self-learning organization to motivate the team to enhance individual knowledge and skills
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for the team and customers during the full lifecycle of Redis Enterprise Software
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between Customers, Sales and Engineering
- Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support-related activities
- Serve as a customer advocate by providing timely diagnosis and resolution of complex issues, including problem reproduction and escalation
- Help customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis Enterprise Software, whether deployed on-premise or in the cloud
What will you need to have?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
- At least five years of technical support or customer success in the Enterprise software industry.
- At least two years of experience managing a technical team
- Strong management and leadership
- Hands-on experience building and running a mid-sized team in a rapidly growing company, including managing high profile customers, escalations, and collaboration with CloudOps, R&D and sales teams
- Hands-on experience building and running a mid-sized team in a rapidly growing company, including managing high-profile customers, escalations, and collaboration with CloudOps, R&D and sales teams
- Strong technical background with excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge in Linux/Unix and networking (TCP/IP)
- Proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
Extra great if you have:
- M.Sc. in Computer Science / Information systems
- Programming skills, developer experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Experience working with container orchestration environments, such as Kubernetes
- Experience working in both cloud-based and on-premise service and technology environment
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our Israel team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible working options
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Gym membership and weekly pilates classes for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
Redis has been named one of 50's best high-tech companies to work for in 2021 by DUN'S 100!!
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.