Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Why would you love this job?
As a member of the Support team, you will be responsible for providing dependable and timely resolution for complex issues related to products offered by our customer. As a technical expert, you are expected to act as a point of contact for challenging support cases. You will need to become an expert for products offered by our customer and ensure the quality of service and SLA compliance.
Our ideal candidate has great interpersonal skills, as the role requires you to maintain close relationships with customers, fellow team members, DevOps teams, R&D teams and product teams.
If you are excited to serve as the subject matter expert to a growing customer base, while continuing to grow and expand your knowledge, then this is the right challenge for you.
This position can be based anywhere in India.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze the customer issue depending on product type (Cloud, OnPremise) and provide accurate resolution.
- Work with PaaS providers like Heroku, IBM, Pivotal, Docker, etc. to help resolve the customer issues for our Cloud products which are delivered through these PaaS providers.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of a problem
- Resolve issues related to installation and maintenance for OnPremise product
- Research and identify solutions to issues like latency, commands usage, etc. for all types of products
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. devops, R&D etc.)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Follow up with clients to ensure their application are fully functional after troubleshooting and resolving the current issue.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals while also sharing it with the team
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Investigate issues that customer experience for the on-premise as well as the cloud (DBaaS) product.
- Answer customer questions related to products
- Learn about new products as and when they are introduced
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions and team meetings
What will you need to have?
- B.Sc. or B.E in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Good knowledge of technologies such as Linux/Unix, TCP/IP, DNS
- Any Linux certification (required)
- Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- High proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
- Ready to work in 24×7 environment
Extra great if you have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with programming skills such as Java, C/C++, Python
- Experience working in both cloud-based and on-premise service and technology environment
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Health insurance, paid paternity leave, and pension plan
- Flexible working options
- Team celebrations and recreation events
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
Redis is dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We strive to create a workplace where every voice is heard, and every idea is respected.