Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Come with us on our exciting journey as a valuable contributor to our Unicorn Pre-IPO Global Customer Technical Support Team at Redis.
As a Level 2 TSE, you will be responsible for helping customers by diagnosing and resolving technical issues in a high-contribution role with exciting technical challenges, on-going learning, and the reward of helping name-brand customers as part of our fun, tight-knit team.
As the successful candidate, you will use and extend your existing technical depth and increase your technical breadth addressing problems for the top companies in the world. You will level-up to be a problem solver on Redis Enterprise software being used as a super high-performance database by thousands of worldwide customers. You will dive into additional exciting forefront technologies by supporting Redis Enterprise running on the top cloud platforms. Your great interpersonal skills help you build and maintain close relationships with customers, fellow team members, CloudOps teams, R&D teams, and Technical Sales teams.
Join the best of the best who like to apply what they know and continuously learn new things. We are looking for someone curious, persistent, and happy digging through the full stack, from code to sysadmin, networking, and performance issues. This will be a remote role.If this sounds like you, please check out the technical foundation that we’d like you to bring in.
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve software issues:
- Reproduce issues, replicating customer environments as needed
- Document issues and contribute to our internal team documentation
- Collaborate with Level 3 and Engineering as needed to provide solutions
- Provide Root Cause Analysis when requested
- Analyze performance questions that may arise from anywhere along the data path (including networks) for deployments that may be in the cloud or on-premises
- Provide technical expertise during testing, deployment, and upgrading of Redis software
- Manage customer issues, facilitating communication between customers, CloudOps, Engineering, Product, TAMs, and Sales
- Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and handling escalations, while helping customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis subscription
- Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support-related activities
What will you need to have?
- Deep understanding in Linux/Unix and networking (TCP/IP) is required
- Strong background in scripting or programming languages
- Working knowledge of cloud-based and on-premise environments
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 0-3 years of experience working in a support environment
- Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- Proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
Extra great if you have:
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Technical support or customer success experience in the enterprise software industry
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
#LI-Remote #BI-Remote #LI-NS1
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.