Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. We're a double unicorn and growing fast, so this is a great time to join! When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We're a double unicorn company with a valuation of more than $2 billion and have raised more than $347 million in funding. We're growing fast and expanding our team across the globe.
Why would you love this job?
Come with us on our exciting journey as a valuable contributor in our Unicorn Pre-IPO Global Customer Technical Support Team at Redis.
As a Development Support Engineer, you will be responsible for helping customers by diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues in a high-contribution role with exciting technical challenges, on-going learning, and the excitement of helping name-brand customers as part of our fun, tight-knit team.
In this role, you will use and extend your existing technical depth and increase your technical breadth addressing complex problems for the top companies in the world. You will level-up to be an expert complex problem solver on Redis Enterprise Software being used as a super high-performance database by thousands of worldwide customers. You will dive deep into additional exciting forefront technologies by supporting Redis Enterprise running on the top Cloud Platforms and in the top container orchestration platforms.
Join the best of the best who like to apply what they know and continuously learn new things. We are looking for brilliant experts that are curious, persistent, and happy digging through the full stack, from code to sysadmin to networking to performance. If this sounds like you, please check out the technical foundation that we’d like you to bring in.
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues. Focus on code-related areas.
- Reproduce issues, replicating customer environments as needed
- Document issues and contribute to our internal team documentation
- Collaborate with Engineering as needed to provide solutions
- Provide Root Cause Analysis when requested
- Analyze performance questions that may arise along the data path (including networks) for deployments that may be in the cloud or on-premises
- Provide technical expertise during testing, deployment, and upgrading of Redis software
- Manage critical customer issues, facilitating communication between customers, CloudOps, Engineering, Product, TAMs, and Sales
- Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and handling escalations, while helping customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis subscription
- Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support-related activities
What will you need to have?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Prior experience in Software Development that you will leverage to help resolve tickets mainly related to Redis modules and Redis client libraries
- Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Expert working knowledge in Linux/Unix and networking (TCP/IP)
- Proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
Extra great if you have:
- Experience in customer facing roles such as support or customer success
- Master’s degree in computer science
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Experience working in both cloud-based and on-premise service and technology environment, including clusters
- Experience working with container orchestration environments, such as Kubernetes
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our Israel team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Flexible working options
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Gym membership and weekly pilates classes for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
Redis has been named one of 50's best high-tech companies to work for in 2021 by DUN'S 100!!
As a global company operating in 10 countries across 5 continents, we value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. As an equal opportunity employer, Redis is committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, gender, culture, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.