Who we are?
A global company with a diverse and talented team. We dream, create, and succeed as one. Collaboration, open feedback, innovation, and growth aren’t just words here; they’re our DNA. We’re doers who value action over words and are committed to excellence, mutual support, and continuous learning. Redis offers more than a job; your voice matters here – join us and redefine what’s possible.
It’s an opportunity to thrive with cutting-edge real-time technology, a robust go-to-market strategy, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are the driving force behind Open-Source Redis, the world’s most loved in-memory database, and Redis Enterprise serving over 10,000 customers worldwide, to reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate.
Why would you love this job?
Come with us on our exciting journey as a valuable contributor in our Unicorn Pre-IPO Global Customer Technical Support Team at Redis.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for helping customers by diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues in a high-contribution role with exciting technical challenges, on-going learning, and the excitement of helping name-brand customers as part of our fun, tight-knit team.
In this role, you will use and extend your existing technical depth and increase your technical breadth addressing complex problems for the top companies in the world. You will level-up to be an expert complex problem solver on Redis Enterprise Software being used as a super high-performance database by thousands of worldwide customers. You will dive deep into additional exciting forefront technologies by supporting Redis Enterprise running on the top Cloud Platforms and in the top container orchestration platforms.
Join the best of the best who like to apply what they know and continuously learn new things. We are looking for brilliant experts that are curious, persistent, and happy digging through the full stack, from code to sysadmin to networking to performance. If this sounds like you, please check out the technical foundation that we’d like you to bring in.
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues:
- Reproduce issues, replicating customer environments as needed
- Document issues and contribute to our internal team documentation
- Collaborate with Engineering as needed to provide solutions
- Provide Root Cause Analysis when requested
- Analyze performance questions that may arise along the data path (including networks) for deployments that may be in the cloud or on-premises
- Provide technical expertise during testing, deployment, and upgrading of Redis software
- Manage critical customer issues, facilitating communication between customers, CloudOps, Engineering, Product, TAMs, and Sales
- Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and handling escalations, while helping customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis subscription
- Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support-related activities
What will you need to have?
- At least five years of technical support or customer success in the enterprise software industry
- Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Expert working knowledge in Linux/Unix and networking (TCP/IP)
- Proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
Extra great if you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Programming skills, developer experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Experience working in both cloud-based and on-premise service and technology environment, including clusters
- Experience working with container orchestration environments, such as Kubernetes
We give back to our employees:
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
The estimated gross base annual salary range for this role is $65,000 – $151,864 per year in New York, California, Washington, Colorado, and Rhode Island. Actual compensation may vary and is dependent on various factors, including a candidate’s work location, qualifications, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of Redis’ total compensation and competitive benefits package, which may include 401(k), unlimited time off, learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. This role may include discretionary bonuses, stock options, commuter benefits based on location, or a commission plan. Salary history is not used in compensation package decisions. Redis utilizes market pay data to determine compensation, so posted compensation ranges are subject to change as new market data becomes available.