In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted in the Contribution (defined below) Redis, Inc. (“Redis”) requires a Software Grant and Contributor License Agreement (“Agreement”) that has been signed or accepted by each contributor indicating an agreement to the license terms below. This license is for your protection as a contributor as well as the protection of Redis and its users; it does not change your rights to use your own Contribution for any other purpose.
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for the Contribution. Except for the license granted herein to Redis and recipients of software distributed by Redis, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contribution.
1. Definitions. “You” (or “Your”) shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement with Redis. For legal entities, the entity making a Contribution and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity are considered to be a single contributor. For the purposes of this definition, “control” means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity. “Contribution” shall mean the code, documentation, or any original work of authorship, including any modifications or additions to an existing work described above. “Work” means any software project stewarded by Redis.
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to Redis and to recipients of software distributed by Redis a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your Contribution and such derivative works.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to Redis and to recipients of software distributed by Redis a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by You that are necessarily infringed by Your Contribution alone or by a combination of Your Contribution with the Work to which such Contribution was submitted. If any entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that your Contribution, or the Work to which you have contributed, constitutes a direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to that entity under this Agreement for that Contribution or Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (i) You are legally entitled to grant the above license; and (ii) if You are an entity, that each employee or agent designated by You is authorized to submit Contribution on behalf of You; and (iii) your contribution is Your original work, and that it will not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property right(s).
5. Feedback. If you choose to provide Redis with feedback such as suggestions, or ideas for improvement of any Work, Redis may use or incorporate the feedback in any Work without any payment or liability. You agree to promptly notify Redis if You discover that the Contribution violates the Redis Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct, available at: https://redis.io/community/.
6. Disclaimer. You are not expected to provide support for Your Contribution, except to the extent You desire to provide support. You may provide support for free, for a fee, or not at all. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, You provide Your Contribution on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Governing Law and Enforceability. Nothing herein will be construed as creating any joint venture, employment relationship, or partnership between You and Redis. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected. This represents the entire agreement between You and Redis relating to the Contribution.
By continuing to use this site, you consent to our updated privacy agreement. You can change your cookie settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.