Database company further strengthens its market leadership with increased customer adoption, product innovations, strategic partnerships and industry accolades
Mountain View, September 6, 2018—Redis, the home of Redis and provider of Redis Enterprise, today announced its 12th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth and annual growth of more than 60 percent. Key to this sustained success is the mounting market demand for database platforms that offer the high performance, high availability and seamless scaling needed to power the next generation of applications.
More and more businesses are choosing Redis Enterprise as their database, including 60 percent of Fortune 10 companies and more than 30 percent of Fortune 50 companies. Recent customer wins include Bed Bath & Beyond, British Airways, Canon, CDW, Eco Bank, Thomas Cook, US Bank and Whitepages.
“The performance, flexibility, security and reliability of the Redis Enterprise platform serves as a bedrock for companies all around the world,” said Ofer Bengal, CEO and co-founder of Redis. “We continue to innovate our products by offering new features, capabilities and integrations that enable enterprises to build high-impact next-generation business-critical applications. 2018 has been an exceptional year for growth thus far, and we look forward to closing out the year strong.”
- Launched a partnership with VMware to deliver fully integrated Redis Enterprise on Pivotal Container Service (PKS), VMware’s premier Kubernetes offering
- Kicked off a new strategic partnership with Google Cloud, co-selling Redis Enterprise on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to major enterprises around the world
- Closed a record volume of new business with partners, both in number of deals and in revenue
- Expanded its global partner footprint through the addition of new partners and joint customer wins across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa
- Continued collaboration with Intel to optimize Redis on Flash for the upcoming Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory, which will enable it to deliver more data per server at sub-millisecond performance
- A new engine for the Redis Graph module based on GraphBlas, enabling it to provide two orders of magnitude higher performance compared to existing graph databases.
- Redis Streams, a general-purpose Streams data structure for effective stream processing with data persistence.
- New distributed aggregation and Phonetics and Spell Check capabilities for the popular RediSearch
- Expansion of Redis’ unique cumulative replicated data type (CRDT)-based active-active geo distribution capabilities to all major Redis data types with causal consistency guarantee.
- Redis Enterprise is now available as a stateful service on Kubernetes, utilizing Kubernetes Stateful-Set with Affinity to provide a complete durable service. Based on our operator deployment, we can run Redis Enterprise simultaneously on multiple Kubernetes environments such as Pivotal PKS, RedHat OpenShift, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Amazon Elastic Container Services (EKS).
Strengthened Executive Team
- Former Oracle executive Madhukar Kumar joined Redis as vice president of product and technical marketing. He has held several leadership positions in small and large technology companies such as Zuora, HP and Liaison Technologies. More recently he ran product strategy and product marketing at Oracle for its Customer Experience (CX) products portfolio, including marketing, CRM, commerce and service.
- Tal Dagan joined Redis as the vice president of product management. Prior to Redis, Tal worked as the head of product management at Flash Networks and as vice president of product management at Taptica.
- Guy Korland joined Redis as CTO of incubations. Previously, he worked as the CTO of SelfPoint, where he was responsible for building an eCommerce SaaS solution. He also worked as a CTO and vice president of research and development at other technology companies, including GigaSpaces Technologies and Shopetti.
- Jim Welch joined Redis as the vice president of sales for the Americas. Most recently, Jim was the vice president of sales at Imperva Inc. He has also held positions at IBM and Crossbeam, where he was responsible for driving the cyber-security business across different industries.
- Launched Redis University, the #1 destination for Redis users and enthusiasts to learn from peers and the world’s most renowned database experts. Courses began in June 2018, and enrollment exceeded expectations.
- Held annual RedisConf18 in San Francisco from April 24-26, featuring more than 75 sessions and a keynote address from Redis creator Salvatore Sanfilippo. The event attracted more than 1,200 Redis users and experts from around the globe.
- Named the Most-Loved Database for the second consecutive year in Stack Overflow’s Developer Survey, which included more than 100,000 responses from coders in 183 countries and dependent territories.
- Named one of Th e Best Privately-Held Software Companies in 2018 by JMP Securities in its ninth annual Hot 100 list.
- Ranked #8 in popularity among 300-plus databases in DB-Engines.
- Named by Database Trends and Applications (DBTA) magazine to the DBTA 100—a list of the top companies addressing the evolving demands for hardware, software and services.
- Named one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to any business by delivering open source and enterprise-grade data platforms to power applications that drive real-time experiences at any scale. Developers rely on Redis to build performance, scalability, reliability, and security into their applications.
Born in the cloud-native era, Redis uniquely enables users to unify data across multi-cloud, hybrid and global applications to maximize business potential. Learn how Redis can give you this edge at redis.com.