The company also added the creator of Redis and Redis Enterprise Cluster (RLEC) customers across several industries
Mountain View, January 26, 2016—Redis, the home of Redis, today announced explosive 2015 growth and reported a 300 percent year over year revenue increase. In addition to being named a leader in Gartner’s 2015 ODBMS Magic Quadrant, Redis also saw tremendous adoption by enterprise customers across several industries and named Mr. Salvatore Sanfilippo, the creator of Redis, as Open Source Development Lead of Redis.
Redis provides enterprise Redis, both as a service, Redis Cloud and as downloadable software, Redis Enterprise Cluster (RLEC). Redis Cloud provides a robust, always-on, Redis service that scales seamlessly without downtime or performance impact across four different IaaS clouds: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure (NASDAQ:MSFT), Google Compute Engine (NASDAQ:GOOG) and IBM Softlayer (NYSE:IBM). RLEC is downloadable software that extends open source Redis with enterprise class high availability, real-time auto-failover, consistently stable high performance and automated linear scaling.
“2015 marked the year of Redis for the enterprise,” said Ofer Bengal, co-founder and CEO of Redis. “Redis continues to remain the preferred choice for developers. We are experiencing enormous momentum and skyrocketing demand from enterprises of all sizes. With organizations expecting high- performance and stability from their applications, we expect the interest in high performance in- memory databases such as Redis Enterprise Cluster (RLEC) to continue to accelerate in 2016.”
Highlights from the past year include:
- Redis creator Salvatore Sanfilippo joins Redis – Salvatore continues his role as the Redis community steward at Redis, leading open source Redis development and growing the flourishing Redis community.
- Exploding enterprise interest – Redis saw rapidly increasing adoption of Redis Enterprise Cluster (RLEC) by enterprises of all sizes and across several industries, including Alcatel/Lucent (Nokia), Intuit, Verizon, Jet.com, Ariba/SAP, Motley Fool, Financial Engines, Outbrain, Lifelock, Healthstream, Huawei, and other Fortune 1000 financial, technology, and media companies.
- Redis’ debut appearance as leader in Gartner MQ – Redis was named a leader in the prestigious 2015 Gartner MQ for Operational Database Management Systems, in its very first appearance.
- Benchmarked as the fastest database in the world – in a 2015 end to end application performance benchmark performed by Avalon Consulting, which compared several NoSQL database providers in a real-world write-intensive scenario, Redis emerged as a leader with up to eight times the throughput of other databases and up to 82 percent lower latencies.
- Benchmarked as the only truly highly available Redis provider – compared to other Redis-as-a- Service providers, Redis also emerged as the authoritative high availability provider for Redis, recovering from failures in seconds and without data loss while all other vendors lost data and needed several minutes to detect and recover from incidents. The company was also recognized by Altoros as the top performer in the first comprehensive Redis-as-a-Service benchmark study delivering higher throughput and lower latencies than other vendors in a variety of workload scenarios.
- Expanded company footprint – over the past year, Redis expanded its headcount by 100 percent and expects to double the team across all functions in its headquarters in Mountain View, development center in Tel Aviv as well as in Europe and Asia.
- Continued cloud growth – since September 2014, the company saw 90 percent growth in cloud customers, fueled by industry-wide developer interest and Redis’ tremendous operational expertise, high availability, seamless scaling and stable performance. Redis Cloud is used by over 45,000 customers, which includes over 5,700 enterprise customers.
- Surging popularity – Redis was acknowledged as the #1 NoSQL in user satisfaction and market presence by G2 crowd, the user review platform for business software, the #1 NoSQL data store by Stackshare.io and the #1 database deployed in containers in a survey of 7,000 users conducted by Datadog.
- More product offerings – Redis and the IBM POWER Division released a powerful Redis solution over POWER8 servers and CAPI Flash, which delivers the blazing fast performance of Redis on CAPI Flash used as a RAM extender, enabling performance and cost optimizations and operational savings of over 70 percent.
- RedisSphere partner program – Redis also announced strategic distribution agreements with major resellers such as Arrow (NYSE: ARW), Avnet (NYSE: AVT), Vicom, Onyx, Corus360, Mainline and others.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to any business by delivering open source and enterprise-grade data platforms to power applications that drive real-time experiences at any scale. Developers rely on Redis to build performance, scalability, reliability, and security into their applications.
Born in the cloud-native era, Redis uniquely enables users to unify data across multi-cloud, hybrid and global applications to maximize business potential. Learn how Redis can give you this edge at redis.com.