Company accelerates momentum with Fortune 500 customer penetration, technology introductions, strategic alliances, and industry accolades
Mountain View, October 3, 2017—Redis, the home of Redis and provider of Redis Enterprise, today announced momentous growth in the first half of 2017 and a record-setting number of customer adoptions by enterprises across technology, healthcare, communications, finance, and retail industries. Redis’ customers are featured Fortune 500 companies, including six of the top ten and 32 percent of Fortune 50 companies overall. Over 7,500 enterprises have now deployed Redis Enterprise in public clouds, in their virtual private clouds, or on-premises.
This increase in customer adoption, particularly by Fortune 500 companies and mid-to-large size enterprises, was driven by an expansion of Redis’ sales and marketing reach and reflects increased market demand for database platforms that offer the high performance, true high availability, and seamless scaling necessary to power the next generation of applications.
“2017 is shaping up to be a record year for the company,” said Ofer Bengal, CEO, and co-founder of Redis. “The diverse use case deployments by the enterprise customers continue to prove the power of Redis Enterprise as the primary database.”
● Series D funding – Redis raised $44 million in a Series D round, led by Goldman Sachs Private Capital Investing. This brings the company to $86 million in total funding to date.
● Growing enterprise adoption & sales – Redis secured premiere enterprise customers including Dell, General Mills, eHarmony, DreamWorks, Quest, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Overstock.com, Dealertrack, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, and SunTrust. The company’s industry-leading database-as-a-service, Redis Enterprise Cloud, has over 70,000 registered accounts.
● Product innovations & benchmarks
○ Redis Enterprise Pack v4.5.0 release included Redis Enterprise Flash version 2 availability, with an option to include discovery service using the Redis Sentinel API.
○ Redis Enterprise Cloud services were expanded to new Google Cloud Platform regions, including the Eastern US (us-east1), Central US (us-central1), and Northeast Asia (asia-northeast1).
○ Redis Enterprise cluster node was proven to support over 650K ACID ops per second per node with the Dell EMC VMAX storage while keeping sub-millisecond database latency, highlighting the exemplary performance of Redis Enterprise when used as a persistent, transactional database.
○ Redis Enterprise Flash on the new Intel Optane SSD increased throughput by nine times, a major improvement over the previous generation P3700.
○ Docker image preview, which allows enterprise developers to use local development environments to build and test applications with Redis Enterprise Pack.
○ Redis Cloud Private preview brings the self-service capabilities and the power of Redis Enterprise Flash technology and multi-region replication to secure VPC environments of customers.
○ Redis Enterprise Pack version 5.0 preview includes geo-distributed, active-active Redis applications with CRDTs, fast search & query in Redis with in-memory indexing, and native JSON processing in Redis.
● Strategic alliances – The company’s partnership with HashedIn Technologies supports its scaling objectives in India. Overall, partner deals grew 60% in volume and over 300% in deal value.
● Industry accolades – Redis garnered multiple industry awards including DBTA 100 2017 Companies That Matter Most in Data, 2017 Big Data 100 Coolest Emerging Big Data Vendors, and InfoWorld’s 2017 Tech of the Year. Redis was named among the top four providers of Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) in “The Forrester Wave™: Database-As-A-Service, Q2 2017” report and was named a strong performer in the “The Forrester Wave™: In-Memory Databases, Q1 2017” report. Redis was named the Most Loved Database in Stack Overflow’s 2017 Developer Survey.
● Hosted RedisConf17 – Redis hosted the marquee RedisConf for the second year running, featuring speakers from Netflix, Capital One, Home Depot, Lyft, and more. The conference showcased community leaders, large-scale adopters, and ecosystem partners of Redis, and saw a 50 percent increase in attendees.
For more information on Redis, visit: https://redis.com/.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to any business by delivering open source and enterprise-grade data platforms to power applications that drive real-time experiences at any scale. Developers rely on Redis to build performance, scalability, reliability, and security into their applications.
Born in the cloud-native era, Redis uniquely enables users to unify data across multi-cloud, hybrid and global applications to maximize business potential. Learn how Redis can give you this edge at redis.com.