RedGrease: Fast and easy distributed computation on Redis clusters
By Anders Åström
RedGrease is a FOSS Python RedisGears client, aiming to facilitate development with Redis in general and RedisGears in particular. It is still in early (alpha) stages of development, but currently includes:
- Basic Redis client, extended with the RedisGears commands.
- Type annotated and documented versions of the RedisGears runtime functions, readers, operations and commands, making writing Gears less error prone.
- Dynamic “Remote” GearsBuilder constructs, similar but somewhat different in spirit and usage to the official client.
- Useful syntactic sugar and boilerplate functions, helpers, and structures.
- CLI tool for (hot) loading of functions, etc.