Who we are?
A global company with a diverse and talented team. We dream, create, and succeed as one. Collaboration, open feedback, innovation, and growth aren’t just words here; they’re our DNA. We’re doers who value action over words and are committed to excellence, mutual support, and continuous learning. Redis offers more than a job; your voice matters here – join us and redefine what’s possible.
It’s an opportunity to thrive with cutting-edge real-time technology, a robust go-to-market strategy, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are the driving force behind Open-Source Redis, the world’s most loved in-memory database, and Redis Enterprise serving over 10,000 customers worldwide, to reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate.
Senior Test Automation Engineer – Cluster Team – Redis Core
Redis is looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join the Redis Core R&D’s Cluster Engineering team.
This position offers the unique advantage of being part of a team in a new location. As we expand our footprint, you will play a key role in establishing and growing our presence, presenting an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.
As a Test Automation Engineer you will join a team of highly skilled automation developers who are responsible for testing the fastest NoSQL distributed system on earth, supporting more than tens of millions of ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability and deployed in some of the world’s largest companies. This is a challenging and complex engineering task as the testing of a feature can be in many cases more complex than its implementation.
If you are a team-player, go-getter, innovative, and experienced Test Automation Engineer, passionate about technology and would love to join an exciting, tech-savvy, fast-growing international organization that offers a creative environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth, then this is the right challenge for you. Join us in our mission to redefine the boundaries of data infrastructure and make a meaningful impact in the world of technology.
Why would you love this job?
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be working on the full cycle of automated and manual testing: Learning new topics and customer use cases, creating test strategies, writing test plans, developing and executing tests, logging and verifying bugs.
The ideal candidate is a team player that has experience in test automation-programming tools, as well as an eagerness to find the juicy bugs in our products. If you are passionate about looking at a product from different angles with different perspectives and testing it with different expectations, then this is the right challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Be hands-on in creating detailed, well-structured test plans and implement automated distributed tests in Python.
- Gain an in-depth understanding in Redis as a complex, clustered system and be able write test scenarios that represent the user journey and analyze failures
- Perform various types of testing, including functional, system integration, scaling, negative and exploratory
- Collaborate with developers, product & project managers, to address any bugs, defects or feature requirements
- Manage defect tracking and resolution workflow so that a consistent, documented process is used and followed
- Conduct root-cause analysis of identified defects, providing development teams with sufficient details to understand, replicate and resolve them
What will you need to have?
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in testing complex software systems
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience in Python language
- Deep understanding in QA methodologies, test types, writing test plans, tools and procedures
- Experience with usability, functional, scale and negative testing
- Experience in cloud computing, operating systems (especially Linux) and networking
- Team player with strong communication skills and eager to learn new things
Extra great if you have:
- Experience with database testing (preferably NoSQL database)
- Experience with distributed systems (clusters, complex test/network topologies, etc.)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience using and maintaining CI/CD tools (Github actions, Jenkins, etc.).