Who we are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Quality Assurance Group.
As a Test Automation Team Leader you will lead a team of highly skilled automation developers who are responsible for testing the fastest NoSQL distributed system on earth, supporting more than tens of millions of ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability and deployed in some of the world’s largest companies. This is a challenging and complex engineering task as the testing of a feature can be in many cases more complex than its implementation.
You will lead, motivate, develop and recruit a team of highly professional test automation engineers and work in collaborations with some of the sharpest minds in the industry.
The successful candidate is a strong leader with experience in leading a team, as well as broad technical hands-on experience in building products on top of cutting-edge orchestration platforms.
If you are passionate about technology and would love to join an exciting, tech-savvy, fast-growing international organization that offers a creative environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Lead a team of test automation professionals to a new level through training, mentoring and development.
- Be hands-on in creating detailed, well-structured test plans and implement automated distributed tests in Python.
- Gain an in-depth understanding in Redis as a complex, clustered system and be able to analyze failures.
- Manage, define, and implement testing policies, procedures and standards across the Quality group.
- Establish and enforce coding guidelines for automation tests via code reviews and be a focal point for the team for coding issues.
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of the automated test suites, while keeping cost in mind.
- Work closely with Developers, PMs, Support and others in order to identify any test gaps, analyze issues and follow through till resolution and automation coverage.
- Become an expert: understand terminology, protocols, configurations, architecture and practicalities in the frontier of distributed DB technology.
- 3+ years of proven track record building and managing high-performing automation teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in testing complex software systems
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience in Python or other high level language
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of QA methodologies and practice
- Excellent technical skills including design, coding, and problem solving
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Good understanding of cloud computing, operating systems (especially Linux), and networking
- Experience with database testing (preferably NoSQL database)
- Experience with distributed systems (clusters, complex test/network topologies, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing Dev/Ops (AWS, VmWare, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with git and modern software practices such as CI/CD